The Independent Paperback Gift Shop

The Independent Paperback Gift Shop
The writer of this blog is currently on sabbatical

Thursday 19 July 2012

Launch

Hi everyone, this is Mark at The Independent Paperback Gift Shop.

I'd like to welcome you all aboard. I'm the chief writer and munchkin at Green Wizard Publishing and because I have severe writers block, - I mean, tabula rasa head, complete white void; you ever had that? - I thought I'd set up a new enterprise to fill my time.

The Independent Paperback Gift Shop.


Independent Reader's Quality Bookshelf


http://www.facebook.com/The Independent Paperback Gift Shop

A place where READERS can come and buy independently authored paperbacks as gifts for Christmas and Birthdays.

A one stop shop for READERS and GIFT BUYERS.

Writers can advertise their paperback books AND their e-books (their laundry service for all I care!) on their own special Photo Bookshelf in the Photo section of the page.

This is the BOOKZONE.

Readers can open up the photo folders and browse through for a complete paperback buying experience.

There are three so far.

a) Paperback Book Gifts, complete with functioning links to Createspace, Authors Online, Lulu etc. Also links to e-books, biogs, websites and FB addresses - a one stop shop for the Paperback Book Buyer.

Elegaic African memoir from Sue Lobo 


b) Photographs of authors with their paperback books! I love this section. Seeing something you've written in paperback form is a real pleasure and the moments are captured here.

Enthused Elizabeth Marx Fan


c) Bookshelf Photographs. I love this section. Is there anything more beautiful in a house than a bookshelf? My abode is no Mulholland Drive Rapper's crib, I can assure you, ladies and gentlemen, but my bookshelf covers three walls and it makes it look like a stately 'ome! Post yours up.

Loads more books. Books! Books! Books!

I don't know what to do with this blog. I might do featured paperbacks, articles. Let me know what you think. If I do that, I'm going to need help. I'm already overloaded on Green Wizard business. I really don't want to write any more blog stuff - I'm a FICTIONALIST, people, and the Gift Shop is pure fact - and I'm already writing about eight blogs, so please, if you can help, let me know.

Just for info.


Firstly, the shop is free. I'll never charge the writer a commission. That's not what I'm about and not what its for. If it becomes successful, I might charge the paperback printers and I might sell advertising. That kind of front end stuff which will keep the shop going.


Secondly, if you don't have a paperback, I can't work with you. Sorry. However, if you have a DEFINITE publication date for your paperback, I'll put your Bookzone up. I'm an e-book writer, but there are tons of sites already for e-books and the shop is aiming for a different clientele.


Finally, I don't mind what you put in your Bookzone, but I'm not bothering with pimping, reviews, market articles and stuff. Again, there are loads of sites out there - including the brilliant E-Reader House and the hyper-aggressive Pimping Indie.

This is a shop for READERS.

Anyway, I'm talked out. I wish you guys all the best and let people know about our little Shoppe venture. It won't work without Indy writers and it won't work without potential Indy readers. Lets get them on board.

Excelsior,

Stan L...sorry, Mark.

2 comments:

  1. This sounds awesome. How do we, authors with paperbacks, get involved?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya Xan, click on the FB link at the top right hand of the page.

      http://www.facebook.com/TheIndependentPaperbackGiftShop?ref=hl

      That will take you to the shop. Post your paperback, plus all the links you require on a thread and I shall move it into the Paperback Gifts folder. If you want, post a photo of you, or a fan, holding your paperback, and/or, your bookshelf. I'm Mark! Hope well and look forward to seeing you there!! Let your friends know! Mark

      Delete